Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Some shredding & gem-finding...

I've become interested in shredding shirts ever since I found this. And when I learned they were completely DIY-able, I just had to try it out...

first (and small) two tries

It takes some getting used to, quite a bit of patience, and a LOT of free time, but the result is very interesting and cool-looking.


I think I'm gonna try it on an actual shirt very soon. :)


Speaking of interesting, I found another gem of a book at Booksale today:

It's called Pass the Celery, Elery!, illustrated by Jeffrey Fisher, with texts by Gaga & Friends. And no, I did not make that last part up.

It's one of those moments where you get all giddy and smile to yourself and make a little silent woohoo jump inside, like you've won something.

The book consists of charming hand-drawn typography,


witty and funny rhymes,


and quirky characters


An instant inspiration and favorite.

Did I mention there was a recipe card inside? Sweet!


No comments:

Post a Comment